Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Interaction with an engine OEM

 During interaction with an engine OEM on 2nd may 2023, I saw that the specifications given by engine OEM are at ISA+44F. So I mentally converted it into ISA+6 degrees, as 32 F is 0 degrees for us and any increment after 32F is roughly half of it in Celsius scale. So my question was if specification is at ISA+6 degrees, then the engine performance will be much lower when run at Indian condition, which is ISA + 25 degree Celsius, which is 40 degree Celsius. ISA is at 15 degree Celsius.


The reply given was that ISA is at 59F for US people, so I should convert the full value to Celsius. So, they should have specified that ISA is defined in Fahrenheit for US people and then I should have converted the full value (59F+44F = 103F = 39C) to Celsius, which is close to 40 degree Celsius that Indians use. Metric system is better than US system of units.

No comments:

Post a Comment